Hiring Facility: University of Tuebingen Hospital Center
Specialty Field: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
About the company
Rochus Mummert Healthcare Consulting is the market leader among personnel consultancies specialized in the healthcare sector in Germany. The University of Tübingen Hospital Center is one of Germany’s leading academic medical centers. About 75,000 inpatients and about 380,000 outpatients are treated annually. With around 10,000 employees, the University of Tübingen Hospital Center is the largest employer in the region. To strengthen and expand the team, the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (OHNS), chaired by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Löwenheim is looking for a Director of Division – Facial Plastic Surgery full-time.
With one of the largest Head & Neck tumor centers in Germany, the Cochlear Implant Center, and an internationally recognized Research and Development Center, the Department of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Tübingen is one of the significant OHNS Departments in Europe. The Department of OHNS provides surgical care over the entire spectrum of the specialty, with around 6,000 surgical cases per year. In addition, over 30,000 outpatient cases are seen annually. The Department of OHNS covers the subspecialty areas of Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology, Facial Plastic Surgery and Facial Nerve Rehabilitation, Otology and Neurotology, Rhinology and Allergology, Laryngology and Phoniatrics, Pediatric Otolaryngology and Comprehensive Otolaryngology. The Department of OHNS hosts an international team, including foreign-trained physicians and scientists in its clinical and research divisions at all seniority levels.
- Leadership of the Division of Facial Plastic Surgery, the associated inpatient ward, emergency care, and outpatient consultation. The Division of Facial Plastic Surgery covers clinics in “Rehabilitation of the Paralyzed Face,” “Aesthetic Facial Surgery” and “Reconstructive Head and Neck Surgery”)
- Representation of the Division of Facial Plastic Surgery within the framework of the Facial Nerve Center, the Head & Neck Tumor Center, and other associated Tumor Centers of the Medical Center
- Built an academically driven Division of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Participate in the training and continuing education of residents
- The successful candidate must be board certified in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery with clinical subspecialty and scientific training in the field of Facial Plastic Surgery, including reconstructive surgery and facial nerve rehabilitation (structured, subspecialty fellowship training in Facial Plastic Surgery)
- Several years of senior management experience and an interest in developing the division of Facial
Plastic Surgery in a leading role
- Background in basic and clinical research as well as teaching
- The Department strongly supports establishing an independent scientific working group as a
“clinician-scientist” through an in-house research facility and a specialized OHNS Clinical Study Center
- The University of Tübingen Medical School offers a unique, broad-based scientific and translational environment with excellent opportunities for personal development
- Numerous opportunities for research cooperations research at various institutions of Medical Faculty and beyond including the Center for Regenerative Medicine, the Center for Personalized Medicine, the Center for Rare Diseases, National Center for Tumor Diseases South-West Germany, Clusters of Excellence “Individualization of Tumor Therapies by Molecular Imaging and Functional Identification of Therapeutic Targets (iFIT)“ and “Machine Learning”, Werner Siemens Imaging Center, Center for Personalized Medicine, Interfaculty Institutes for Cell Biology and Biochemistry and Max Planck Institutes of Developmental Biology and DNA Research as well as one of the most active industrial biotechnology and artificial intelligence clusters in Europe The city of Tübingen consistently ranks at the top level in national “livability” contests. With easy access to the recreational areas of nearby mountains and the Black Forest, a nationally recognized food culture, Tübingen is a beautiful university town with a unique cultural footprint and a rich academic heritage hosting one of Germany’s oldest universities.
For further inquiries, please contact Annekathrin Walter, Dr. Annabel Krupp and Sarina Eistetter, and we will be happy to answer your questions at +49 511 6427062-45. Please send us an e-mail (Sarina.Eistetter@rochusmummert.com) quoting reference number AWA23669 to submit your application documents.