ENT / Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Avera Medical Group is seeking subspecialists to join its tertiary care Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Service at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD. The positions provide state-of-the-art technology, senior mentors, and enthusiastic collaborators in collegial
environment. Interest in translational or clinical research is an asset. Evidence of academic productivity and a desire to drive improvement in patient care and outcomes are highly valued. Academic appointments and teaching opportunities are provided through the University of South Dakota School of Medicine.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in providing advanced surgical and non-surgical management of the entire range of voice, upper airway and swallowing disorders. The position will be supported with collaborative voice and swallowing specialists and the provider’s preferred technology assets to develop a range of in-office procedures. Completion or pending completion of fellowship training in laryngology or extensive experience is required.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in providing advanced medical and surgical management of rhinologic conditions including inflammatory sinusitis, sinonasal and skull base neoplasms, and otolaryngic allergy. The position will be supported by collaborative colleagues in neuroradiology, neurosurgery, and pulmonology. Completion or pending completion of fellowship training in rhinology or extensive experience is required.
HEAD AND NECK SURGEON
The ideal candidate will be skilled in managing benign and malignant head and neck tumors, and in performing head and neck reconstruction using pedicled and free flaps. This highly collaborative position is supported by an experienced multidisciplinary group including dedicated head and neck navigation specialists and clinical colleagues in the Avera Cancer Institute. The focus of this practice can be tailored to the successful candidate’s interests. Completion or pending completion of fellowship training or extensive experience is required.
- Avera McKennan is a 545-bed hospital that serves as the tertiary referral center for the Avera Health System, a non-profit Catholic organization
- The Avera footprint spans SD, MN, IA, NE, and ND, providing a massive referral network of more than 1100 professionals in 300 locations and over 2 million visits per year
- AveleCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services to outlying communities
- Avera’s facilities are known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of all patients
- Excellent compensation and benefit package with 97% retention rate
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota (www.siouxfalls.com)
- #3 in the nation for Best Cities for Physicians to Live In (Medscape, May 2017) – a great place to raise a family
- One of the most business-friendly communities in the nation with strong health services, financial, technology, communications, manufacturing and agriculture sectors
- No state income tax
- Recreational activities abound with 64 parks intertwined with the Big Sioux River\
- Host to professional basketball, baseball and hockey teams
- Excellent array of educational opportunities for all ages
- Wide variety of arts, entertainment, and shopping.
Hospital: Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
Hospital System: Avera Health
Number of Beds: 545
For More Information contact Suzette Hohwieler, Physician Recruiter
605-360-2997 or firstname.lastname@example.org